RE: [rsa] Re: ROBOlympics - Only One Week Left to Register!

  • Bill Hubbard
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 20 6:51 PM

      I have one combat robot entered in the 12-lb weight class and am driving for someone else in the same weight class (unless they go up against me) and would be happy to drive for someone if what you mean by "drive" and "run" them equates to operating an RC transmitter...

      Bill Hubbard
      robotics@...

      At 04:41 PM 2/20/2005, you wrote:

      I 2nd that.  I entered four different robots, and now that I think about it, the schedule might make it impossible for me to run them all myself.

      Thanks,

      -Ted

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 21 7:29 AM
        hi all,

        i've got a walking table that's touring as part of a dance
        performance, and one of the gears keeps breaking. we have a bunch of
        extra motors with the gears on them, so we've been using those as
        replacements. but now we're all out and it's getting hard to find the
        motors. so i'm hoping to find a source for just the replacement
        gears...but i don't know where to start looking. there's very little
        local here in nyc and finding the right gears online seems difficult.

        here's a picture of the motor (Globe #409A582 DC Gearhead) with the
        gear attached:

        http://www.futurebots.com/gmotor.jpg

        can someone offer me some advice on how to go about finding a
        specific gear online?

        thanks,
        douglas

        --
        ............................................... http://artbots.org
        .....douglas.....irving........................ http://dorkbot.org
        Message 3 of 9 , May 13, 2005
          Message
                  Joe;
                  Check out our robot motor controllers at www.humball.com
                  -Zaman

          --- In sfrsa@yahoogroups.com, David Calkins - RSA <dcalkins@r...>
          wrote:
          > Registration has almost closed - Don't miss out on competing at
          ROBOlympics 2005!

          SF robot meetings are at 7PM on the first Wednesday of the month at SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.

          http://www.robotics-society.org/images/sfsu_map.gif