RE: [rsa] Re: ROBOlympics - Only One Week Left to Register!

  • Steve Hassenplug
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 20, 2005
      On Sun, February 20, 2005 7:41 pm, Ted Larson said:

      > I 2nd that. I entered four different robots, and now that I think about it,
      > the schedule might make it impossible for me to run them all myself.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > -Ted

      Come on Ted, you can do better than four robots. I currently have 11 robots
      entered. :) And, according to the schedule, only one conflict...

      See you there
      Steve
    • Bill Hubbard
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 20, 2005

        I have one combat robot entered in the 12-lb weight class and am driving for someone else in the same weight class (unless they go up against me) and would be happy to drive for someone if what you mean by "drive" and "run" them equates to operating an RC transmitter...

        Bill Hubbard
        robotics@...

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 21, 2005
          hi all,

          i've got a walking table that's touring as part of a dance
          performance, and one of the gears keeps breaking. we have a bunch of
          extra motors with the gears on them, so we've been using those as
          replacements. but now we're all out and it's getting hard to find the
          motors. so i'm hoping to find a source for just the replacement
          gears...but i don't know where to start looking. there's very little
          local here in nyc and finding the right gears online seems difficult.

          here's a picture of the motor (Globe #409A582 DC Gearhead) with the
          gear attached:

          http://www.futurebots.com/gmotor.jpg

          can someone offer me some advice on how to go about finding a
          specific gear online?

          thanks,
          douglas

          --
          ............................................... http://artbots.org
          .....douglas.....irving........................ http://dorkbot.org
          Message 4 of 9 , May 13, 2005
            Message
                    Joe;
                    Check out our robot motor controllers at www.humball.com
                    -Zaman

            --- In sfrsa@yahoogroups.com, David Calkins - RSA <dcalkins@r...>
            wrote:
            > Registration has almost closed - Don't miss out on competing at
            ROBOlympics 2005!

            SF robot meetings are at 7PM on the first Wednesday of the month at SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.

            http://www.robotics-society.org/images/sfsu_map.gif