Re: Crashed Windows HardDrive

  • Jim Newton
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hi David...

      The data recovery services like Ontrack and Lazarus are VERY
      expensive. You should try a non-destructive method of file retrieval
      your self first.

      Try PC Inspector. It can read data from a drive that Windows and DOS
      cannot see. And it is FREE. Here's the link:

      http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

      You need to install the bad drive into another PC that has a good boot
      hard drive, and make sure the bad drive is set up as the slave. Then
      when you run PC Inspector from the good hard disk, it will see the bad
      drive and allow you to copy the data off onto the good drive.

      I'd be happy to help you if you're having problems. I'm on the
      peninsula.