[rsa] Visit to Silicon Valley

  • Alejandro Alonso Puig
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2004
      Hello all

      Next October I'll be traveling from Spain to California for the RoboNexus
      Event on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd. I will stay there some more days, probably
      the following week so I could see this nice State. I'd like to jump at the
      chance and attend as most events related to Robotics as possible. I would
      appreciate very much if you could tell me about any event you know will
      occur the second half of October around Silicon Valley, or even interesting
      sites related to Robotics there. I know the PARC (Palo Alto Research Center)
      is there and I am an enthusiast on the works on polybots from Mark Yim
      there. I'm not sure if it is possible to visit PARC. Do someone knows?. Also
      I have heard about the Science Museum.

      Thanks a lot for your help in advance

      Best regards from Spain

      Alejandro Alonso-Puig
      http://mundobot.com/
      alejandro.alonso@...
    • Larry Wang
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2004
        The Tech Museum in San Jose is a nice museum open to the public. SRI
        (Stanford Research International) is a research institute along the
        lines of PARC, but unless you know someone who works there, it would
        be difficult to get inside any of the labs.

[...]

        SF robot meetings are at Noon on the first Saturday of the month at
        SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
        http://www.robotics-society.org

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor