Walking Robot Seminar

  • Pete Miles
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2004
      I am working on gathering a list of people that would like to participate in the Walking Robot Seminar at the Robothon.

      This year's theme is Walking Robots. And it is open to all style of robots, bipeds, quadrapeds, hexapods, 12 legged
      monsters, and even one legged hopping robots.

      The seminar is OPEN TO ALL ROBOTS, regardless if they private, commercial, amature, or professionally made. They can be
      either remote controlled, tethered, or fully autonomous. They can even be partially constructed.

      The seminar will be informal. Here we will share our creations and ideas with fellow robot builders that enjoy walking
      style of robots, with th goal that we can all learn from each other, get help from other like mined robot builders, a
      come up with new ideas.

      If you would like to make a formal presentation about your robot creation, or some aspect that relates to walking
      robots, such as balancing methods, walking gates, motor selection, software for making a robot move. Let me know what
      you would like to talk about. I would like to put a list of topics up on the web page (www.robothon.org) so people can
      plan to see them.

      If you have a robot that you would like to show off, then bring it. If you have a webpage link to the robots that you
      plan to bring, then let me know so I can also add them to the Robothon webpage.

      The seminar will be a cross between a presentations and show off your creation.

      I will be showing off some videos of various robots at the seminar.

      At the end of the seminar, I will host an open forum to discuss rules a new walking robot contest(s). I will post some
      draft rules prior to the event so we can have some time to think about them to make some good comments.

      Again, please let me know if you would like to participate at the seminar, so I can allocate the proper amount of time
      for the seminar.

      Pete Miles
      Robothon Committee
      petem@...