Re: [rsa] Digest Number 694

  • Jack Buffington
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      That was weird. It looks like David posted this on the 27th but I just
      received it today...

      In any case, at today's meeting we discussed future meetings and what we can
      do to improve attendance and interest. We came up with a couple things:
      The first was to bring in speakers to talk about new and interesting things
      that are going on in the robotics world. The other was to find people to
      talk about specific skills that can be used in robotics such as working with
      metals, how to use a multimeter, techniques used in prototyping
      electronics.... I would love to hear from those of you who were not at the
      meeting who have ideas/suggestions/rants/raves about people who could speak,
      topics that you would love to hear about or anything else that you feel
      would make the robotics society better.

      We are starting to line up new speakers and tentatively have people for the
      next four months at this point. Next meeting will be the start of a new
      phase in the RSA that will hopefully make for a better club. Stay tuned for
      future RSA e-mails when we will be posting the schedule of upcoming meetings
      and their topics as well as other robotic news.

      -Jack