PDXbot.04 is only two months away!

  • Larry Geib
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2004
      The Portland Area Robotics Society is proud to announce our sixth
      annual robotics competition and Expo, PDXbot.04.
      This years' event will be held again at the Portland State University
      Smith Center Ballroom on June 6. 2004.

      For information and details go to www.PDXbot.org

      With the addition this year of Nano sumo, we will offer 5
      competitions in 4 Size classes for sumo. They are:

      Nano sumo 2.5 cm cube , 25 gm

      Micro sumo 5.0 cm cube, 100 gm

      Mini sumo 10 cm square, 500 gm - unlimited height
      {actually two events - beginners and advanced competitions)

      Japan class 20 cm square, 3 Kg - unlimited height

      We will also offer two Line Following competitions, (beginners and
      Classes) , a Walker Race, and a Talent Show. Any robot that is
      displayed at
      the event will be eligible for Judges Awards-show us what you Built!

      The rules are substantially the same as last year and are posted at
      the
      www.PDXbot.org site. While you are at the PDXbot site, check out
      pictures of last years' event.

      You will find a list of sponsors at the PDXbot site, als. They have
      generously donated their latest and greatest products. for prizes and
      raffle items.

      PDXbot.04 will include tech displays, vendor booths, demonstrations,
      food, a Kid's Robotics Zone, and fun for the whole family,

      We will also be selling our event T-shirt and a great video of last
      years'
      event. It's not to be missed!

      Admission is free, and there will be free parking in the PSU parking
      structures right across the street.Public buses and the Portland
      Trolley come right to the door.

      Bring your robots!

      Larry Geib
      PARTSevents Committee