hi

  • harishpkl
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2003
      hi all

      let me introduce myself. i am a graduate engineer and i am
      currently developing an AI for my single ARM with 6DOF robot .
      i want to share my ideas will all of u .Brief intro of my movable
      ROBOARM4.

      it is using 6 microcontrollers + 1 as Master for controlling the
      activities of this arm. the master is acting as an interface between
      main CPU (laptop P111) through serial interface.

      the main CPU is also acting as Vision processor. I am using OpenCV
      for providing vision to my ROBOARM4. It uses Intel 110S USB camera as
      an input.

      if anyone interested i can send more details.

      regds
      harish
    • frederick chang
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2003
        hello,

        cool, are you solving the forward and inverse kinematics using denavit-hardenburg or product of expontentials?  or is there an Operating System inheriant with the robot arm that does all of this?

        how much is the arm? (did you make it yourself?)

        i'm nosy because i want a 6DOF arm!

        cheers,
        fred
                 let me introduce myself. i am a graduate engineer and i am
        currently developing an AI for my single ARM with 6DOF robot .
        i want to share my ideas will all of u .Brief intro of my movable
        ROBOARM4.

        it is using 6 microcontrollers + 1 as Master for controlling the
        activities of this arm. the master is acting as an interface between
        main CPU (laptop P111) through serial interface.

        the main CPU is also acting as Vision processor. I am using OpenCV
        for providing vision to my ROBOARM4. It uses Intel 110S USB camera as
        an input.

        if anyone interested i can send more details.

        regds
        harish

        SF robot meetings are at Noon on the first Saturday of the month at SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
        http://www.robotics-society.org

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • harish
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2003
          hi fred
                         i have been working on this arm from last 2 years , since there is noone with me that's why its taking so much time. all the mechanics and electronics is designed and implemented by me only. I have dedicated ATmel serias AT89S8252 UC for controlling acceleration/deceleration and  accurate positioning of the output shaft.
          ALL (actuator controllers) act like slave and one master which directly communicates with the host PC thru RS232 at 19200 BPS and transfers data required info to each slave and vice versa. The front end is designed in MS .NET which accepts predefined commands and variable params to accurately locate the end effector.

          Currently i am working on Opencv to integrate the vision with arm.

          enjoy

          hm