RSA - Robot News for November 2003

  • David Calkins - RSA
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2003

      Two Amazing Robot Events in SF !

      Holiday Games December 13th

      More great ant weight and sumo fights expected! Lots of great stuff in our biannual show, including some movie robots, more stormtroopers, and lots of competitions. Missed the last one? Check out this article for some photos and a great recap.

      Because this is our holiday show, we've got an expanded vendor area. Looking for holiday gifts? Look no further! What better gift could you give (or get) than cool robot stuff?

      We're really pulling out the stops to give you opportunities to get cool stuff, so forget those big retail stores and bring your checkbook! Want to sell stuff? vendors@...

      Full details on the event are at http://robotics-society.org/games

      SF Meeting this Saturday

      The monthly SF meeting is the first Saturday of the month, noon-4, at 1600 Holloway (just south of Stonestown Galleria) in room SCI256: Map. Next meeting in SF: October 4th.

      ROBOlympics to Host Thousands!

      March 20-21, 2004. Simply put, the largest robot show in the US. Ever. We've booked the pavilion - 35,000 square feet of robotic wonder! We're inviting competitors from around the world to join this first competition. Why should athletes have all the fun?

      Two combat arenas! 32' and 16' Robot Soccer, Triathlon, & ribbon climber Line slalom and Maze solving Robot Sumo - 3kg, 500g, 100g, & 25g! Biped Race and Hexapod challenge! And many, many more events!

      All this plus exhibits from around the world including the newest robots out there, and some great art robots from Christian Ristow!

      Get all the information on the event at http://robolympics.net. Tickets are limited to 3000. Based on previous events, they will sell out! Tickets go on sale November 4th. Buy them here.

      Sponsorship opportunities abound! Increase your company's visibility with major TV networks, international press coverage, and tens of thousands of people! More info here or e-mail us: sponsors@...

      Daejon, KoreaNov 6-9International Robot Olympiad
      Peoria, ILNov 8CIRC Sumo and Ant
      Mississauga, ONNov 9Robot Riots 4
      Pittsburgh, PANov 10Robot Hall of Fame
      Toronto, ONNov 15-16Eastern Canadian Robot Games
      Tokyo Nov 19-22Int'l Robot Exhibition
      College Stat'n, TX Nov 20-22  Texas BEST 2003
      Bellevue, WADec 6Washington FLL
      San Francisco, CA  Dec 13RSA Holiday Games!

      Got an upcoming event?   Add it or E-mail us!
      Bots get eyes in the back of their heads JPL Reports on "Thinking" Robots Nanomotors keep rolling along. Monkey see, robot do. Robots learn martial arts. iRobot keeps plugging away. CMU starts robot hall of fame. Robots take to the trees...

      Get this from a forward? Subscribe