I need some help with drill motors

  • Vivianna F. Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2003
      Hi all.

      My apologies for using the mailing list for a help call, but we're
      in a major bind. We happened to break both of our drill motors
      *today*, one with a broken internal fan, the other with a broken
      brush holder. The broken-brush one we're currently holding together
      with a wire-tie, the other is seized.

      We'd *very* much appreciate if someone could lend us a couple for
      the duration of Cal Games tomorrow (the sooner in the morning we
      can get them the better), or if you can provide us information on
      how to procure our own by 7 AM tomorrow morning (like buying a drill
      and removing the motor?).

      Thank you all very very much for your help.
      -v
    • jdspear9
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2003
        Viviana,

        I don't know what kind of motors you are using. I am guessing that
        they are DC.

        You can probably find a Chinese-made (i.e., cheap) cordless drill of
        the same voltage as your motor, at Home Depot, which should be open
        until reasonably late tonight. I think that there are some in the
        Bay Area that are open all night.

        Sometimes the electric drills are held together with "Torx" screws,
        so you will need to have one of these for disassembly.

        Good luck,

        Jon Spear
        jdspear@...

        --- In sfrsa@yahoogroups.com, "Vivianna F. Rodriguez"