Re: [rsa] Digest Number 595

  • Jack Buffington
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      I have made a commutator in the past by using a dowel rod and the concentric
      brass tubing that you can get at most hobby stores and hardware stores.
      Find some tubing that just fits over a dowell and cut short lengths of it.
      Cut notches in the dowell for your wires to pass under the brass dowells.
      Glue the brass in place on the dowell. The next part is the brushes. I
      didn't notice any difference in brush material though how hard it was
      pressed against the tubing seemed to matter. The key that I found was that
      I needed to have two brushes per tube. If I didn't it would occasionally
      lose continuity. I used this in an outdoor situation for aproximately one
      month. It had no failures.

      -Jack

      Enter for your chance to IM with Bon Jovi, Seal, Bow Wow, or Mary J Blige
      using MSN Messenger http://entertainment.msn.com/imastar