RE: [rsa] IR Proximity Detector?

  • Dave Hylands
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2003
      Hi Terry,

      Google found this for me: http://www.bgmicro.com/pdf/gp1u58y.pdf

      It appears to be 40 kHz sensitive, so my guess is it's either wired
      wrong or non-functional.

      Looking at the data sheet for the GP1U52X
      http://support.tandy.com/support_supplies/doc3/3313.pdf it appears that
      pins 1, 2, 3 have the same designations, so you might have it exactly
      backwards (I don't have either unit so it's hard to compare to the data
      sheet.

      --
      Dave Hylands
      Vancouver, BC, Canada

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Terry Slocum
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2003
        Thanks Dave,

        This is just what I needed. I must have spent a couple of hours searching for data sheets, and never found this. (Note to self: IE search button BAD, Google GOOD)

        The ones I have are the GP1U581Y. It looks like it is on 38 kHz. So I probably just need to tune the oscilator circuit.

        Thanks again

        Terry