IR Proximity Detector?

  • Terry Slocum
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      Is anyone out there really familiar with IR remote modules? I just built a 40 kHz IR object detection circuit I got from the SRS web page. I had an old Sharp GP1U52X IR module that works fine in the circuit. Unfortunately I need 2 of them. I have tried a GP1U581Y module that I thought would be compatible. I get no response even with the diode facing the receiver. Can anyone tell me if there are any major differences between the two modules? (Frequency, pin-outs, min. voltage, etc.)If anyone knows where I can find a datasheet on the GP1U581Y that would really be appreciated.

      Terry S.