Re: [rsa] Mindstorms / Schools

  • Robotics Learning - Steve Putz
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003
      I also teach LEGO Robotics and coach FIRST LEGO League. We use a
      combination of tackle boxes that is very portable and works very well.
      Having lots of storage compartments (over 100) and having the part pictures
      in the compartments makes a difference. For photos of the system we use
      (and have for sale), see:

      http://www.roboticslearning.com/store

      I've found that parts do seem to go missing, but they are ususally just
      misplaced. When sets are re-sorted, most of the parts show up.

      I have experience getting spare Mindstorms parts. Contact me and let me
      know what you need, and I can probably provide them or help you find a
      source.

      I have bought used Mindstorms sets on eBay, at varying prices, ususally with
      good results, but it has some risk and inconvenience. Right now
      www.KBToys.com has RIS 2.0 on sale for $159.99.

      FYI, another email list that discusses these topics is:

      Steve Putz
      info@...
      www.RoboticsLearning.com
      408-910-1176