FIRST and BotBall - come and watch or help out!

  • David Calkins - RSA
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2003
      BotBall could still use volunteers. E-mail me if you can volunteer next Saturday for it.

      The FIRST High School Robotics competition will take place this coming
      Thursday - Saturday, March 27-29, at the San Jose State University Event
      Center. FRom the www.usfirst.org website, I found location information
      at http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/2003/site_info/SJ.pdf and a schedule
      at http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/2003/agendas/SJ_agenda.pdf . The
      best rounds are the 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM rounds on Saturday. This is
      when we are likely to attend. These rounds are exciting to watch and a
      lot of fun. The robots are big. You can watch a video of a round at
      http://robots.nasa.gov/events/webcasts/buckeye.htm by clicking on the
      Finals link.

      The Northern California Botball Competition will be on Saturday April 5
      from 8:00 a.m. until about 5:00 p.m. The Seeding Rounds that start at
      10:00 a.m. and the Double Elimination Rounds start at 1:00 p.m.. The
      competition will take place at the Santa Clara University Leavey
      Center. You can find directions to the Leavey Center from
      http://www.botball.org/php/standard/region.html?reg_id=33#LOC . I plan
      on parking in Lot F shown on this map http://scu.edu/map/detail/map8.cfm
      . This is a great robotics program for Jr. High School and High School
      Students. Come on out and join us for the fun and to learn more about
      the program so you can better decide if you want to join a team when you
      are in Jr. High.

      You can find out more information at the http://www.botball.org website
      and at the Northern CA Regional Page at
      http://www.botball.org/php/standard/region.html?reg_id=33