RE: [rsa] Mindstorms / Schools

  • David Calkins - RSA
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2003
      For those in the Bay area, Tap Plastics and Peal sell very similar boxes.

    • Robotics Learning - Steve Putz
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2003
        I also teach LEGO Robotics and coach FIRST LEGO League. We use a
        combination of tackle boxes that is very portable and works very well.
        Having lots of storage compartments (over 100) and having the part pictures
        in the compartments makes a difference. For photos of the system we use
        (and have for sale), see:

        http://www.roboticslearning.com/store

        I've found that parts do seem to go missing, but they are ususally just
        misplaced. When sets are re-sorted, most of the parts show up.

        I have experience getting spare Mindstorms parts. Contact me and let me
        know what you need, and I can probably provide them or help you find a
        source.

        I have bought used Mindstorms sets on eBay, at varying prices, ususally with
        good results, but it has some risk and inconvenience. Right now
        www.KBToys.com has RIS 2.0 on sale for $159.99.

        FYI, another email list that discusses these topics is:

        Steve Putz
        info@...
        www.RoboticsLearning.com
        408-910-1176