Video of Mini-Sumo competition

  • Craig Gardner
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2003
      I am teaching an after school class at a local school (Booneville in
      Mendocino county) on robotics we are building Mini-Sumo's. I was
      wondering if anyone has any good video footage of robotics competitions
      Mini-Sumo in particular I have access to editing equipment so it doesn't
      need to one continuos piece I can edit it to smooth things out. We are
      hopping to bring some kids down for the spring games to compete.

      If anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated.

      Craig Gardner
    • David Calkins - RSA
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 22, 2003
        http://www.gotrobots.com/sumo/
        http://www.thoughtpolice.com/~cthompson/Rebel_and_Thunder.mov
        http://www.thoughtpolice.com/~cthompson/Flashlight_Fail.mov
        http://www.thoughtpolice.com/~cthompson/Hurricaine_triumph.mov
        http://www.thoughtpolice.com/~cthompson/Thunder_v_Hedgewig.mov

        At 21:06 22-01-03 -0800, Craig Gardner wrote:

        >I am teaching an after school class at a local school (Booneville in
        >Mendocino county) on robotics we are building Mini-Sumo's. I was
        >wondering if anyone has any good video footage of robotics competitions
        >Mini-Sumo in particular I have access to editing equipment so it doesn't
        >need to one continuos piece I can edit it to smooth things out. We are
        >hopping to bring some kids down for the spring games to compete.
        >
        >If anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        >Craig Gardner
        >

        >SF robot meetings are at Noon on the first Saturday of the month at SFSU's Science bldg - 1600 Holloway, room SCI 256.
        >http://www.robotics-society.org

      • Dave Hylands
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 2003
          I'll throw in some links here:

          movies.

          Marauder is my robot, and you can find out more information here:
          http://www.DaveHylands.com/Robotics/Marauder/

          My Brother (Jon Hylands) has just finished his "Seeker II"
          http://www.huv.com/miniSumo/seeker2/

          You can see some video shots of Marauder and Seeker II in the botbash2000
          files. At the time those videos were taken, Seeker II's shell wasn't
          finished yet.

          There were a bunch of video on the WCRG site, but they appear to all be
          broken now. I'll post another email when they've fixed them.

          --
          Dave Hylands
          Vancouver, BC, Canada

        • Dave Hylands
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 23, 2003
            Here's the links to the WCRG (Western Canadian Robot Games) videos:

            http://www.robotgames.com/wcrg_archives/2002/media/wcrg2002_videos.htm

            There's a big one in the bottom right (22 minutes, 193 Mb MPG or 85 Mb DivX)
            that covers multiple events.

            Enjoy

            --
            Dave Hylands