Re: [rsa] I'm new, questions about h-bridge and feedback

  • Karen Mahoney
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2002
      I'm not sure what you are building, but you should
      match your motors for dual drive. Either use one
      motor for drive and one to steer, or use two motors on
      individual wheels to drive and steer. If using 2
      motors for drive/steer, match them by mounting with a
      gear on each & meshed together. Run the motors. If
      they rip each other off your mounting, they're grossly
      mismatched. If it runs smoothly, your robot should go
      straight. If they are mismatched, try your other
      motor. Use the 2 motors that run the smoothest.
      Happy building.
      Karen

      --- brechtdebrouwer2002
      <brechtdebrouwer2002@...> wrote:
      > Hello
      >
      > I'm busy with my first robot and I have some
      > problems with the h-
      > bridge. For my robot I use 2 wheels with on each
      > wheel a motor with
      > one swiffle wheel. Now I want to let my robot ride
      > straight ahead
      > of course. Now I want to use for each motor a
      > H-bridge but know I'm
      > not certain that my robot will drive straight ahead.
      > So I want to
      > have a sort of feedback that corrects the actions of
      > the motor but I
      > don't know how to do this.
      >
      > Can someone help me?

      http://faith.yahoo.com
    • frederick chang
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2002
        look for PID controller...

        its a feedback loop controller that is implemented in the microcontroller.....

        its porportional, integral, derivative  (i believe the integral part corrects for the offset DC bias, and the derivative part makes the control loop track faster)... you don't really have to know whats going on in the PID... its so classic that its already implemented for you online... just plug and chug it :-)

        this is also talked about in the seattle robotics society articles....  goodluck

        cheers,
        fred

        http://faith.yahoo.com

        Be sure to visit our web site at http://www.robots.org.