2000Jackson Co. Fair

    Jun 30, 2010

       We have a wonderful opportunity to get notoriety and raise money for our club. Charter has reserved us a FREE 10x10 booth in the INDOOR Kids Zone for the duration of the Fair which opens Tuesday, July 20th and runs through Sunday, July 25th. We need volunteers to help us keep the booth manned each day from open (12 pm) to close (10 pm). Any amount of commitment will be appreciated. Volunteers will receive a pass for FREE parking and admission to the Fair on the days they volunteer. Volunteers will also be allowed to enjoy the Fair as much as possible as long as there are at least 2 people in the booth at all times. Since the number of passes may be limited, we need a minimum 5 hour commitment from each volunteer.

      Either Dan or myself (or both) will be available at the Fair every day. Dan will be doing a presentation once a day on the Kids Zone stage. We will have a table in the booth that will have robotics demonstrations, videos and information about the club. We will also be hosting a robot building workshop where up to 3 walk-ins at a time can build a Lil' KicBot line following robot. The workshop will be $60 per person with the robot kit included in the price. The club will make $10 off each robot/workshop that is sold.

      We will discuss other ideas at our next meeting on Saturday, July 10th, but I need a head count of volunteers in the next few days. If you want to volunteer and be guaranteed a FREE pass to the Fair, please RSVP by this Friday.

      Doug Gates, President
      Southern Oregon Robotics Society of America