197Re: Of the future - Spiritual Robots

  • Toni Thompson
    Nov 2, 2000
      Dear Robert -

      From your question, I think you would find "The Age of Spiritual
      Machines" by Ray Kurzweil a stimulating book. In it, Kurzweil goes
      far beyond simple questions like "good and evil", developing his
      theme of intelligences that may well be the next evolutionary step
      beyond human.

      You might also be interested in the sound clips from the symposium
      held at Stanford earlier this year on the topic, "Will Spiritual
      Robots Replace Humanity by 2100?" You can listen to them on the web at
      http://www.stanford.edu/dept/symbol/Hofstadter-event.html

      Enjoy!

      Toni Thompson

      --- In sfrsa@egroups.com, robert moretz
      <phoenixriver_theshadowmaster@y...> wrote:

      > What is everyone's belief on robots that are more
      > human in nature? I mean it would learn like humans, to
      > form opinions, to debate between right and wrong but
      > most of all, like humans decide rather or not it
      > should be good or evil.
      >
      > I would like to known what everyone thinks about it,
      > but I will admit that I might get a little annoyed at
      > some of you opinions but I do apologize now for any
      > hostile remarks but I will do my best to write back in
      > a reasonably manner. I do think you.

      > Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE.
      > http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic