1823Robot Club Meeting In Grants Pass This Saturday

    Apr 7, 2006

      MEETING: Southeren Oregon Robotics will have it's
      monthly meeting this Saturday (April 8th) at Pizza Hut
      in Grants Pass. The address is 1465 Ne 6th St, Grants
      Pass. The meeting starts at 6pm sharp!

      FREE STUFF: All Phase Circuits in Medford has gone
      out of business. They let me do some "dumpster
      diving" to get one last pile of printed circuit board.
      I'll be bringing a bunch of nice new board to the
      meeting to give away to anyone that wants it. Be
      there or miss out!

      BIG PROBLEM: We had some new people attend the last
      meeting that were not sure if we were a Pizza Club or
      a Robot Club. All they were seeing was pizza and no
      robots! Let's all bring some robots and/or projects
      we are working on to prove we're the geeks they were
      looking for.

      PROJECT PARTS: I plan to have revised code completed
      for the Atmel Tiny12 chip that goes on the main power
      supply/control board. I plan on bringing programmed
      chips to the meeting for anyone that needs one
      ($2.00). I will also have complete sets of chips
      (Atmel Tiny12, RS232, and RS485) for anyone that needs
      a complete set ($5.00). I will be uploading the
      Tiny12 code to the project site if you want to burn
      your own chip. If you got a chip from me last month,
      bring it along and I'll exchange it for one with
      updated code.

      PROJECT DEMO: This may not happen, but I'm going to
      try to bring test equipment to demonstrate the RS-485
      operation on the Main Board (Tiny12). We should also
      be able to demonstrate serial communication, which is
      something we discussed at length at the last meeting.
      This will all depend on my getting the Tiny12 code
      done with some time to spare.

      PROJECT TOPICS: We will continue discussing our club
      project at this meeting. The main topic will be our
      communications protocol so please gather your thoughts
      on that before the meeting. As always, bring along
      anything you are working on for show-n-tell! You are
      working on something right?

      ...Tiger

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic