1721RE: [rsa] Re: Help Needed! Chips are in, but 1 questions still

  • Terry Kremin
    May 3, 2005
      Thank you again! Just got the chips in and am going to play with it today.

      Just one thing I am not clear on -
      putting a cap _across_ the motor leads.
      I understand from one current direction it will help ground out noise (reverse EMF?) or cut out AC frequencies, but as I am going to be using this motor in both directions and polarities, isn't that going to just create a parallel loop with the motor in one of the directions/polarities and cause problems?

      and from both the leads to ground will do the same(creat a closed circuit in one direction), correct? So the motor would just be a resistive loop attached in parallel to a close circuit?

      Sorry for what may seem a simple (dumb) question, but from what I know capacitors are basically a 1 way flow control valve in DC circuits, and a variable frequency cut off depending on the capacitors rating.

      Terry Kremin, Ph.D.
      Postdoctoral Fellow
      Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, UCSF

      "If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin."      -- Charles Darwin