Uniforms

  • MMNesel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
      Hi everyone. I would like to get as much input as possible, especially from different stations, before I contact the individual at WHQ whom according to Brookhurst, is the one who authorized certain uniform items be discontinued. I found out about this when I ordered 2 women's small sweater vests and received 2 MENS vests.
      Brookhurst now also tells me I cannot return them for credit, only for a size exchange. I have tried the xs mens and it still doesn't fit. According to Brookhurst the discontinued items are Ladies: diamond print skirt and maternity top, long sleeve dress, most of the scarves, and the sweater vest. Mens:short sleeve white shirt, clip on tie, concierge tie, the red tie, and the sweater vest.
      Debbie Bell at WHQ has authorized Brookhurst to simply substitute the mens vest for the womens vest until they run out.
      Question 1) Was any station notified of this situation.
      Question 2) Is the sweater vest NOT a popular item at your station?
      Personally, if I am working indoors I am almost always wearing the sweater vest, except during the hottest part of the summer. And I would hate to see it discontinued. So all, please give me your opinions. I would appreciate everyones input. Thanks, Mary Nesel/OAKCS/mmnesel@...
    • marriedblnde@cs.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2002
        i was not aware of this change.  Thanks for the information.  Now I'll have to figure out what to do for maturnity closes this fall.

        Loretta De Leon
               SFOCS
      • Bill Koumarelos
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 13, 2002
          Brookhurst has slipped considerably. E-mail ordering used to be SO easy, and you would get your stuff promptly. When I recently ordered some uniform parts, via e-mail, I have neither received anything, nor got any kind of confirmation on the order status. And furthermore, the e-mail came back to me a couple of days later saying "invalid address"--when in fact, it was the one we've always used.

          Whazzup with these guys?

          Bill Koumarelos
[...]

          Now that you're a member of the sfocs email list, try and get others to sign up.

          Check out your Union Webpage at http://local1782.org

        • BGMiller1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 13, 2002

            Regarding the uniforms.  Last year I lost all of my points for the same reason.  Yep all of them!!!!!  I contacted Melvina Hills and she directed me to Pearl Wong (spvr) from Brookhurst.  Melvina tried to get my points back but couldn/t and Pearl Wong probably figured the 2nd email would not go thru either.   How do we know that they really are or are not receiving our emails (other than the part of them not sending out our order????)

            Can we file a grievence about it?  I think we can?!?!  We are a union shoppe now.  It is not our fault that brookhurst can not receive AOL email.  Which is what I heard the problem is.

            I was told if you email, follow it up with a call within 24hrs.  In the end, you should just call your order in anyway.  So what is the point of emailing again otherthan it is so darn conveient.  The phone call is just another step in the process that is not necessary.

            BG

          • Bill Koumarelos
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 13, 2002
              BG, I am fully aware of the problem with AOL. But I am on MSN, so the AOL excuse doesn't wash. I still suspect some internal problem with Brookhurst themselves for that reason.

              The reason some people prefer e-mail is that not everyone can get to the phone on any given day during "normal business hours".....some of us go to school or have other jobs or are on overtime---or just plain keep weird hours. The last thing many of us want to do is to waste most of your lunch/break being on hold.

              BK
[...]

            • Roland Echezarreta
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 13, 2002
                BG,

                Grievances are for violations of our PCE Contract.  However, we can definitely complain about this problem in order to get it corrected.  Personally I never emailed any order in because I always found it easy to call a rep, give them my file number so they can pull up my info and then place my order.  We should have the choice to do either and if emailing them has become a problem Brookhurst needs to address this.  Brookhurst is here to serve United and if they can't meet our needs then United should think about changing companies.  Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

                By the way, it looks like we're going to get a new vendor for our name pins.  I'm sure you all agree how substandard those pins are.  The back breaks off easy and the lettering seems to fade too quickly.  It's about time!  I guess we got tired of spending the money on those plastic name badges.

                Roland Echezarreta
                SFOCS
[...]

              • Scott D. Rothstein
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 13, 2002
                  They screwed me as well last year and said they never got my e-mail.  I am not on AOL.  I WAS able to get an order in late though through Carleen Roos.  Their customer service is really going downhill.

                  Scott