Argenbrite says United at fault too

  • Blake Jenkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002

      From today's Chronicle:

      Argenbright spokeswoman Christine DiBartolo said the screeners immediately notified United officials of the breach [at 6:35 a.m.]. And San Francisco airport officials said police were officially notified at 6:56 a.m. But the FAA wasn't notified until 7:15 a.m. and the evacuation was ordered at 7:30.

      It is unclear whether United ground supervisors, who are posted at checkpoints, followed their FAA-mandated security plan and swiftly alerted federal officials, said Lamparas, the union chief.

      "We're doing our own internal investigation into the events of yesterday, and that's certainly something we're taking a look at: Did we follow our own procedures, should the procedures be changed?" said United spokesman Joe Hopkins. "If it's determined that there's some kind security breach, we should notify authorities right away."

      The article this text is taken from is by far the most comprehensive I've read so far.  Here is the link to the rest of the story .

      I saw Tom Ridge again last night on the news commenting on the incident.  Remember this guy is the on the President's cabinet, supposedly in charge of 'Homeland Security'.  The guy is a total doofus; all he has said so far is 'fire 'em all'.  Last night he added that the supervisors should get canned along with whoever else was involved.

      --Blake Jenkins