VIP Upgrades

  • Jenkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 1999
      Regarding VIP upgrades:

      "*SFO VIP* must be moved manually on DM list with priority given above 1 K's. No certificates requied. Family members/associates of *SFO VIP's* require certificates. DM list will place on list based on milage status."

      Special services made it very clear to me that 'family members/associates' go first for upgrades above all milage plus premiers and better.

      So the VIP meets some gal in the bar before his late Seattle flight, "Hey baby, let me show you how much clout I have with this airline," and they become an 'associate', then end up in First Class, while the 1K/Million Miler coming home from Taipai on an International C-class ticket loses out on his upgrade and sits in Coach.

      Personally I do appreciate how much business Vip's generate, and I do follow the rules. What I resent is how the folks who work within these programs take for granted their manipulation of the flights we're working. When I bring a flight to the gate that is where its going to be worked, not in some back room.
    • TPATEL1105@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 1999
        i couldn't agree with you any more blake ? how about this one putting jetway
        back on for a vip because airplane was on gate hold