Do we follow these rules?

  • Jenkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 1999
      These are some rules that apply to gate operation and particularly to upgrading that are kind of tough to follow:

      1] A deadheading Pilot (BP1B) who is confirmed in Coach because no First or Business Class seats were available goes onto the DM as a PSUG--no surprise. However, that pilot gets upgraded before all revenue upgrades. It's in their contract and clearly stated. Even though the computer doesn't recognize this priority, we're suppose to go pick them from below the UGDG list.

      2] OMC Pilots in uniform do not need to be asked nor need to respond to security questions. Apparantly an incident occured recently in which an OMC resented being asked the questions and petitioned their legal department for clarification. They've all received a letter supporting their claim that it is not necessary for the CSR to ask them 'the questions', so watch out for this trap.

      3] 'VIPs' go before all other revenue upgrades on both Shuttle and Mainline flights. Again, the computer doesn't recognize their priority. Ron Haywood pointed out that a danger exists in that a company designates who their VIPs are and that it isn't necessarily the CEO; so what happens when the VIP is upgraded before or above his boss?

      4] The BP6B Quarter Fare. We know the rule is you only can go into the class of service for which you bought the ticket, but this really impacts the benefit of buying a quarter fare, since Coach probably will be full on a flight that you need to buy a ticket. Oh, and watch out for this quarter fare scam: An employee buys the quarter fare and when called to the podium hands you his 'write your own' and hopes you're too clueless to notice that he's not a retiree. Later, he gets a refund on the ticket he bought. It's a fireable offense.

      Do any of you doubt or disagree with these rules? Lets bring it up for discusion in briefing.

      Blake Jenkins
    • jaywalker
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 1999
        I think we should just do away with the quarter fare. We work very hard as
        agents and the one thing that we should be able to rely on is our senority.
        When someone uses a quarter fare to up us on our own senority it dosent seem
        right. Sure they pay more but there are so many ways the quarter fare can be
        misused. Besides the obvious buying Y class ticket and getting in on F
        class. The scam you talked about. Every year this issue comes up because
        some one with 50 yrs senority gets screwed out of a f seat because someone
        with 2 years senority buys a y class quarter fare ticket. Yes I understand
        sometimes people have an emergency and they have to get there. That is when
        the supervisor approves it. Not when you need to go on vacation and the
        flights are full.