Full-time over Part-time

  • n6ysa@xxxxx.xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 1999
      While idly thumbing through 'the agreement' the other night, I came across this.

      (regarding layoffs)

      <<<<if there are no part-time vacancies, the (full-time) employee may displace the most junior part-time employee in the same job classification at their current location.>>>>>

      So when there are layoffs, a full-time employee can 'bump' a part-time employee with higher senority, and then work the part-timer's shift.