Fwd: Video: Is Prop 17 an April Fool's Joke?!?!

  • Gregory Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Richard Holober, CFC Alert" <noreply@...>
      Date: April 1, 2010 10:55:47 AM PDT
      Subject: Video: Is Prop 17 an April Fool's Joke?!?!

      Banner with CFC Logo
       DONATE >

      Dear Supporter:

      When an insurance company spends millions to eliminate consumer protections, claiming it really wants to save drivers money, the joke is on us.

      But that's exactly what Mercury Insurance is doing with its Proposition 17, the "lose a job, pay higher insurance rates" initiative.

      Director Robert Greenwald's new April Fools Day video shows the absurdity of Mercury's claim that it is only motivated by kindness in its campaign to legalize discriminatory pricing that targets the unemployed, military personnel, students entering the workforce and others with higher auto insurance rates.

      Please check out this video and forward it to your friends and neighbors, so no one is fooled by Prop 17's multi million dollar campaign.

      Richard Holober
      Executive Director

      Watch the Video!

      Is Prop 17 An April Fool's Joke?!

      Consumer Federation of California
      520 S. El Camino Real - Suite 340, San Mateo, CA 94402 (650) 375-7840

      Click here to unsubscribe, or reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. Update your preferences or contact information here.

      To subscribe to this email list, Click here.

      Tell a Friend

    • pat nolan
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
        Greg,

        are you considering the committee person position??
        Personally I think you are the only one capable of doing it.
        Its scares me  as to who might get the position
        Pat

          When an insurance company spends millions to eliminate consumer protections, claiming it really wants to save drivers money, the joke is on us.

          But that's exactly what Mercury Insurance is doing with its Proposition 17, the "lose a job, pay higher insurance rates" initiative.

          Director Robert Greenwald's new April Fools Day video shows the absurdity of Mercury's claim that it is only motivated by kindness in its campaign to legalize discriminatory pricing that targets the unemployed, military personnel, students entering the workforce and others with higher auto insurance rates.

          Please check out this video and forward it to your friends and neighbors, so no one is fooled by Prop 17's multi million dollar campaign.
          <signature.jpg>
          Richard Holober
          Executive Director
          Watch the Video!
          <Prop17_Laugh.jpg>

          • scott@UCLAlumni.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
              I see that this has become a campaign forum. I know that there are at best
              misstatements in both this and the prior post to this address. I also am
              very
              concerned that someone interested in representing all members would choose
              disparage a co-worker in a public forum like this in a conversation that
              would
              be more appropriate in private.

              Scott Rothstein

              Pat, I know Sam Manneh is interested in the position, and a lot of
              people are very concerned about him being committee person for
              SFOCS. I think I would do a very good job, and I certainly would
              change things dramatically by having the stewards file the grievances
              and taking them along on step 2's. I think the stewards should have
              a lot more input, and be a lot more involved in what happens at SFO.
              I have a labor degree and a Certificate from City College and a
              certificate in Social Services, also from City College of S.F. I also
              have filed on behalf of UAL workers complaints with the state Labor
              Commissioner. I have also filed with the National Labor Relations
              Board, California OSHA, and had a case go all the way up to the state
              Supreme Court for other workers at Pacific Bell when i worked there.
              I by far have more government agency -employee issue experience than
              anyone in our local. Coupled with the contacts I have developed at
              the San Mateo Labor Council, San Francisco Labor Council, SFO Airport
              Labor Coalition, San francisco Airport Administration, as well as
              various state and local politicians working on the QSP and various
              legal and legislative bills, I believe I have unique resources to call
              on for help. Greg

              On Apr 1, 2010, at 11:49 AM, Gregory Brown wrote:

              > Pat, I called Scott and put my name in for the job last week, the
              > day after I got Darwin's e-mail. He said he was looking at the
              > stewards list and felt their were only a few possible candidates. I
              > know Debra Abeyta has approached Scott about it. Please suggest my
              > name to Scott. I know a lot of people are. I am trying to meet
              > with him today to talk about it. Thank You for your support, I
              > appreciate it. I think I can use my influence with the District to
              > get the help we need. Greg
              >

              > On Apr 1, 2010, at 11:33 AM, pat nolan wrote:
              >
              >> Greg,
              >>
              >> are you considering the committee person position??
              >> Personally I think you are the only one capable of doing it.
              >> Its scares me as to who might get the position
              >> Pat

              http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web
            • Gregory Brown