New Recognition Program Offers Monthly BP6A

  • Tpatel1105@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008

      New Recognition Program Offers Monthly BP6A Boarding Priority Awards for Improving On-Time Reliability

      Posted August 1, 2008

      Ontime arrival (A:14) is by far the biggest driver of our customer satisfaction and a key to enhancing our revenue. Achieving our A:14 goal starts with a focus on a quality on-time departure (D:00) performance, where passengers, bags and cargo are loaded; all checks are performed; and the aircraft is ready to taxi.

      To encourage our focus on improving arrival performance, we are introducing a new A:14 Recognition Program that offers two BP6A service- charge waived travel segments each month that we meet our on-time goals:

      Month

      Target A:14

      Target Rank

      D:00 Required
      (percent)

      August

      72.6

      4

      56.0

      September

      80.6

      3

      59.9

      October

      83.4

      3

      71.3

      November

      84.3

      2

      68.3

      December

      74.3

      2

      56.8

      Active full- and part-time employees are eligible to receive the awards, which will be valid through Dec. 31, 2010.

      Over the last twelve months, our A:14 arrival performance was 69.4 percent. These results earned us a fifth place ranking among the six network carriers, and were a full 6.4 points behind Delta, which is currently best in class.

      Improving our on-time performance can drive greater satisfaction among our premium customers and potentially help us win new business from our competitors. We have an opportunity to drive increased market share and reduce delay and cancellation costs that reach over $250 million annually.

      In the next few months, we may also benefit from several developments that will further help lift our performance, including a new runway opening up at O'Hare in November, an improved air traffic control environment, industry capacity cuts in September that will reduce congestion at several airports and improved schedule buffers, including 8-10 minutes of increased ground time per flight.

      Also, we will be undertaking additional work to improve our operation, such as:

      • Reducing out-of-service through improved fleet reliability and reduced aircraft damages.
      • Recovering more quickly from irregular operations (IRROPS)
      • Improving our turn departure on-time :00 and STAR performances

      With the start of the A:14 Reliability Recognition program, the current Performance Incentive Program (PERF) tied to STAR and United Promoters performance will be discontinued effective October 1. You may continue to use your existing PERF awards until they expire. To view your available awards, visit SkyNet's WebList and click on My Coupons.

    • aremsee1
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008

        Boo!:( on the New Recognition Program Offers Monthly BP6A
        X-(What a SLAP in the face to the retirees.  Now I have to worry about spending my VACATION in an aiport watching 2002 BP6A's board a flight to Florida before my 20-year seniority BP8A.  SUCKS!   I feel sorry for the Hawaii employees who will have the hardest time getting off the island with BP8A status.   This is what happened when the company dished out the BP7 Pride Pass.  A katrillion employees used it for Hawaii premium market and I heard of  20-50 BP7's on the DM list for most flights in and out of Hawaii.  Mega complaints put a stop to the BP7's . Guess it's a newby with low seniority running pass travel desk again.   Maybe i'm worried for nothing we haven't made our goals in months. :-/

      • scott@UCLAlumni.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
          Actually, we DID meet goals for 2Q08, and I find it very interesting that
          UA announces a new program, but haven't said a word about getting incentive
          passes from our second quarter performance. It also isn't clear if the
          current program will be valid for Q3, since supposedly the announcement
          talk about the prior program ending in October.

          Of course, my e-mail to UA has gone unanswered.

          Scott
          SFOCS

> [...]

          time per
          > flight.
          > Also, we will be undertaking additional work to improve our operation,
          such
          > as:
          > * Reducing out-of-service through improved fleet reliability and
          > reduced aircraft damages.
          > * Recovering more quickly from irregular operations (IRROPS)
          > * Improving our turn departure on-time :00 and STAR performances
          > With the start of the A:14 Reliability Recognition program, the
          current
          > Performance Incentive Program (PERF) tied to STAR and United Promoters
          > performance will be discontinued effective October 1. You may continue
          to use your
          > existing PERF awards until they expire. To view your available awards,
          visit
          > SkyNet's WebList and click on My Coupons.

        • G.abaunza
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2008
            A voluntary furlough program is being offered to active IAM-represented employees who meet the eligibility requirements. This program will give employees who want to leave an opportunity to exit while preserving jobs for those who may otherwise be impacted.

            For your convenience, we’ve attached the terms of the agreement and the election form. Interested employees should complete and submit the election form to their managers. Copies of the agreement and the election form are also available via SkyNet’s home page > Employee Services/PeopleNet > Union/ Labor Relations (USA) > IAM > Voluntary Furlough Program.

            Please note: This option is not related to and is separate from the Early Out option. Employees who were awarded the Early Out option are not eligible for the Voluntary Furlough Program.
          • aremsee1
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
              Yeah, did not hear any announcement but I did notice 12 perf segments in
              my weblist profile.
              is that from 2Q08?

              \

            • scott@UCLAlumni.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 12, 2008
                Yes, got 8 for meeting UP goals and 4 for almost meet STAR goals.

                http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE