FW: February 28 EYE-ON-UA: Focusing on our Customers

  • scott@UCLAlumni.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
      So, what are the odds of United deciding to respond to their best customers
      by increasing airport staffing and reversing the horrendous practice of
      outsourcing jobs out of the country and bringing back those "best"
      reservation agents?

      Unfortunately, I'd have to bet the under.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
        It takes trained staff to service the customer, and this includes our internal customer.
        Has anyone tried to get a hold of the help desk 700-5800. If you can get through before your break is over, go buy a lotto ticket, it was your lucky day.

        You can greet each customer, you can thank them 1000 times, but the reality on the front line, is that you are apologizing to them for the long lines, the missed flights, and the inconvience of getting to their destinations several hours late.

        Many customers will use the EZ check in units, but there are some folks out there, present company included, who like to talk to a good old fashioned human being. And while I do appreciate technology, I do enjoy the human factor, it is what brings me, as a consumer, back to the various businesses I use in my life away from United.

        ...Sharon
      • Mike Mancini
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
          Too bad the idiot bankers and greedy executives who run United (into the ground) can't get these surreal concepts.

          Mike Mancini

          On Mar 1, 2006, at 5:09 PM, COcatwoman@... wrote:

          It takes trained staff to service the customer, and this includes our internal customer.
          Has anyone tried to get a hold of the help desk 700-5800. If you can get through before your break is over, go buy a lotto ticket, it was your lucky day.

          You can greet each customer, you can thank them 1000 times, but the reality on the front line, is that you are apologizing to them for the long lines, the missed flights, and the inconvience of getting to their destinations several hours late.

          Many customers will use the EZ check in units, but there are some folks out there, present company included, who like to talk to a good old fashioned human being. And while I do appreciate technology, I do enjoy the human factor, it is what brings me, as a consumer, back to the various businesses I use in my life away from United.

          ...Sharon

          Now that you're a member of the sfocs email list, try and get others to sign up.

          Check out your Union Webpage at http://local1782.org

          Sport nutrition Sport fishing Sport fishing boat
          Sport fishing trip Extreme sports Sport fishing magazine

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • jenkins1782
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2006
            My jaw fell to the counter top when I reviewed the last TL17.

            Management is basically pointing a finger at CS, saying that all our
            sacrifice during bankruptcy is being wasted because our market trak
            ratings are plummeting. Just say thank you more and everything will be
            better, claims The Boss.

            At SFO, United is committing a crime: we are selling tickets to
            customers that have no real chance of making their flight. They are
            lucky to go standby later in the day. As a Service Director in the
            Lobby, I have become the agent of that crime, telling distraught
            passengers that missing their flight was their own fault, that they
            should have anticipated long line waits, no assistance, and utter
            confusion. Driving home from work, I feel as guilty as a criminal.

            Blake
          • Bill Sanderson
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 4, 2006
              Thanks for saying something Blake, I felt that lesson was a slap in
              the face.

              Bill S.

              On Mar 4, 2006, at 6:19 AM, jenkins1782 wrote:

              > My jaw fell to the counter top when I reviewed the last TL17.
              >
              > Management is basically pointing a finger at CS, saying that all our
              > sacrifice during bankruptcy is being wasted because our market trak
              > ratings are plummeting. Just say thank you more and everything will be
              > better, claims The Boss.
              >
              > At SFO, United is committing a crime: we are selling tickets to
              > customers that have no real chance of making their flight. They are
              > lucky to go standby later in the day. As a Service Director in the
              > Lobby, I have become the agent of that crime, telling distraught
              > passengers that missing their flight was their own fault, that they
              > should have anticipated long line waits, no assistance, and utter
              > confusion. Driving home from work, I feel as guilty as a criminal.
              >
              > Blake
              >

              > Now that you're a member of the sfocs email list, try and get
              > others to sign up.
              >
              > Check out your Union Webpage at http://local1782.org
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Feltman
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 4, 2006

                Yes, it’s more of the same crap from management. They really have no clue on how to boost morale. Let’s just keep blaming CS.

                Diane

              • Tpatel1105@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 4, 2006
                  may be its time to advise passenger how they UA management screwed you and us as agents and start negative camping about united's management.
                • marriedblnde@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 6, 2006
                    The sadest part of this TL17 is it is not from local management. It is coming straight from WHQ. They do not spend the time in our Lobbies our gates or stand in any of the lines the normal public does. I guess the lining in their pockets are wearing a little thin even after all the bonuses, they recieved exiting banckrupcy.

                    Lori De Leon
                    SFOCS Serv Dir