The Future of Reservations Centers

  • G.abaunza
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
         Well here we go with another dark Christmas for any one who works at any UA call center, agents in denver already know they will not have a happy christmas IADRR agents think they are next, the small offices know they can be shut down any moment.
        Agents in India,Nova Scotia and Manila are happy taking calls and making reservations.
        Now UA is installing the new witness computer system that will record every agent calls in the USA but I do not think it will outside the country I wonder how much will UA pay for the system.
       The question is how is the Union going to negotiate if UA has agents outside the country that one day will be able to handle UA calls and agents in the USA will not be needed.
        If anyone knows what number of agents or percent can UA outsurce let me know I do not see it in the contract,some people think only 33% can be outsurce but I don`t see it in writing any were.
       Happy Holidays to all of you.