Article from AAA club magazine

  • Morganwerk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003

      Flier 10:45 a.m. Arrive at San Francisco International Airport. Accidentally wait in premier class check-in line. United employee scolds me, "If you didn't have a baby, I'd send you over there," pointing to an outrageously long line.

      For the rest of the article:
      VIA Online: Driving or Flying? What's Faster?

      Gary Morgan OAKOZ
    • michael
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
        Should have said,  "I'm so glad you chose United, however you chose a line that is for our Elite Customers.  Are you a Premier with United?  A Premier Executive?  A Premier Executive, that flies 100k per calendar year?  Are you a Global Services Customer?  How about a Star Alliance Customer?  (Gold or Silver).  An Elite customer from USAir? (Chairman's Preferred, Gold Preferred or Silver Preferred)  First Class or Business?"....  "No?"

        "Is your ticket paper or electronic?  Do you have a ticket or do you need to purchase a ticket?  Do you have luggage to check?  What is your destination?  Are you traveling on a non-stop International Flight?  Are you flying non-stop to Hawaii?  Are you making a connection?  Is your flight with United or one of our partners?

        "Then I need you to take your place at the back of that line?"  Unless of course by the time you asked all these questions, the customer is already at the front on the queue, and you just say, "aw f#%k it."

        Funny thing, I watched a lobby director one morning with a line for questions on what line to get into that was longer than any of our lines to the counter positions

        At LAX we have 12 different types of lines in 3 different terminals, not including our many code share and star alliance carriers, it's no wonder you see customers complaining online.

        M. Casey LAXCS

        .
      • Jef Feltman
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
          Message
          Gary.........what's your point?
          Diane sfocs

          Flier 10:45 a.m. Arrive at San Francisco International Airport. Accidentally wait in premier class check-in line. United employee scolds me, "If you didn't have a baby, I'd send you over there," pointing to an outrageously long line.

          For the rest of the article:
          VIA Online: Driving or Flying? What's Faster?

          Gary Morgan OAKOZ

          Now that you're a member of the sfocs email list, try and get others to sign up.

          Check out your Union Webpage at http://local1782.org

        • Morganwerk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
            In a message dated 11/3/2003 3:30:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, feltman@... writes:

            Gary.........what's your point?

            Diane sfocs

            The article was in a magazine produced by AAA and sent to 2,677,844 of it's members in California and Nevada. I have no data on how many more people view the webpage. Those few million people who have read this article did not read how the United employee was helpful, or courteous, or understanding, or sympathetic or wonderful or pleasent.
            These millions of readers will read about the author being scolded by one of our colleagues.
            I understand that the author could have been exaggerating for the sake of the article, but I didn't think that was the impression we wanted for our company and hoped that sharing the article with the email group would make someone stop and think about how the CSR that was in contact with the author could have said or done something different. At least the CSR didn't make her get in the other line.
            My point: remember that when you talk to our customers they will tell their friends, family, co-workers or over two million readers how United Airlines treated them.

            Gary Morgan

          • Stiava@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2003
              Right on, Gary.  Loren sfocs