4400Demand the accountability you deserve!

  • Gregory Brown
    Mar 26, 2013
      The last thing we need is to go backward when it comes to holding accountable the big banks and mortgage lenders. But a group of Senators are trying to block the confirmation of our new financial watchdog unless they get to weaken his ability to protect consumers!

      I just took action through Consumers Union's website to tell my Senator to stop the delays, and confirm Richard Cordray as the head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Will you take a minute to join me and send your own email?

      For the past year Mr. Cordray has successfully led the bureau, getting more than $425 million in refunds for consumers from the big banks for deceptive practices. Now he's up for confirmation again, and they're trying to stall and delay until they get to weaken his authority to respond to financial schemes and tricks. That's wrong!

      Email your Senators now using the link below and tell them to stop this nonsense, and let the watchdog go to work!