Battling Wolves

  • retiredboss962
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
      Thought you might be interested in this. I ran across it in a book
      called Pick More Daisies written by Lester Bach OFM CAP. It is a
      book dealing with ongoing formation for Secular Franciscans. The
      author of the quote is unknown.

      A Native American boy was talking to his grandfather. "What do
      you think about the world situation ? " he asked. The grandfather
      replied: " Ifeel like two wolves are fighting in my heart. One is
      full of anger and hatred, and the other is full of love, forgiveness
      and peace."
      " Which one will win? " asked the boy.

      To which the grandfather replied:

      "The one I feed."
    • Bernadette
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2006

        Hi Dick, just wondering how your wife is doing? Thank you for this
        story, it was enlightening. My Fraternity is going on a silent retreat
        this week end Iam looking forward to that. We have about 30 to 40
        members in our Fraternity, give or take a few. What do you find
        inspiring about your Fraternity group? I am always looking for ways to
        make ours better, sometimes we have a problem keeping there interest.
        We just had an election and we have alot of determined Franciscans.
        Have a good day and God Bless, Bernadette