Wearing the Tau

  • Kevin Brazell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2003
      Hi,

      My name is Kevin and I just began my Novitiate period last Saturday in the
      SFO. As part of the Rite of Admission I was given the Tau cross on a cord
      with three knots in it. On one side of the Tau cross there is one knot and
      on the other side there are two knots. Can anyone tell me what side I
      should wear the two knots, my left or my right? I asked some of the
      professed members and they were not sure but they would also like to know.
      It may sound like a silly question but I would like to wear it the correct
      way.

      Peace,

      Kevin

      << Linux User #310778 >>
      -< jabber ID kevin640 >-
      Saint Francis - Pray for us

    • tomsfo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2003
        The three knots represent the three vows obediance, poverty and
        chasity. Our cord is a miniture version of the cord Friars wear
        around their waist.

        That the Tau is connected after one of the knots is only a
        coincidence. My Tau and cord has the three knots on one side. I do
        not believe there is a right or wrong what side the knots are on.
        But the Friars wear the cord dangling on their right side.

        Congratulations on your Franciscan Journey.

        --- In sfocommunicationcenter@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Brazell

        _______

        _______