If You Only Knew… Letter to Fathers Who Abandoned Their Children- Anna Zielski

  • annazielski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2011

          Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!

          Dear Readers,
          I would like to share before Father's Day one of my poems.
          I hope you will find it inspirational.
          I am Polish lady living in USA (NJ) since 1986.
          I belong to Secular Franciscan Order since 1982.
         Peace and Goodness!

          - Anna Zielski, S.F.O.

          "You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage
          them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the
          oppressed in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no
          more." Psalm 10:17-18

          If You Only Knew…
          Letter to Fathers Who Abandoned Their Children

          If you only knew the sorrow of your child's soul …
          If you only knew how every birthday of your child is filled with
          bitterness & resentment …
          If you only knew the burden of your child having nobody to call " my
          dad " …
          If you only knew the confusion of your child when others ask: " where's
          your dad?"...
          If you only knew the mistakes of your child looking for love in wrong
          places to fill emptiness of the heart…
          If you only knew the struggles of your child trying to survive in the
          cruel world alone…
          If you only knew the challenges of your child grappling with many grown- up problems...
          If you only knew the tears of your child when sense of rejection seems to
          choke up all existence…
          If you only knew the heartache of your child on every Father's Day...
          If you only knew the cry of your child: "Daddy, please come home!"...
          If you only knew the sorrow of your child's soul...

          June, 2005 (just before the Father's Day)