New sfocommunicationcenter member- Welcome Agatha Forest

  • Richard Chamberland
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2008
      Welcome Agatha Forest to the Fraternity OnLine sfocommunicationcenter

      Comment from user:
      I attend daily Mass at Marytown in Libertyville, IL, run by the OFM
      (Conv)-St.Bonaventure Province. I am interested in learning  more about
      the Secular Franciscan Order.

      Découvrez les styles qui font sensation sur Yahoo! Québec Avatars
    • margaret-marie maines

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2008
          Welcome, Agatha!
          I used to live in Mundelein, & did much time in adorarion when the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration had what is now Mary Town. Cardinal Mundelein brought the  Sisters over, to pray for the seminarians. They were there until 1976 or 77, then the Franciscans came. Prior to that, there weren't ANY Franciscans around. I finished nursing school @ the College of Lake County, & joined the Franciscans in 1978 downstate. Say one for me when you go for Mass, ok? Again, welcome! srj, osfs

          To: sfocommunicationcenter@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2008

            Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Unfortunately, since Marytown is a shrine and not a parish, I can’t register there, but it is definitely my home away from home.

            That is interesting about Cardinal Mundelein bringing the Benedictine Sisters over to Marytown to pray for the seminarians.

            I noticed there are other Franciscan Yahoo groups also. Are some of them connected with this group? I mean will my signing up for this group automatically add me to some of the other groups as well? I ask because when I joined this group, I got a message that said my membership was pending. I then tried to join a couple other Franciscan groups also, but when I did, I got a message that said my membership was already pending, even though these were different groups.

            Love in Christ,

            Agatha