1679FW: prayer for protection from hurricanes and storms

  • Kristen
    Oct 26, 2012

      --- On Fri, 10/26/12, Thomas Trunk <tomjtrunk@...> wrote:

      From: Thomas Trunk <tomjtrunk@...>
      Subject: FW: prayer for protection from hurricanes and storms
      To: "Kristen Doherty" <franciscan12000@...>
      Date: Friday, October 26, 2012, 10:28 PM

      Contributed by Pamela Nagle, SFO

      PRAYER FOR PROTECTION FROM HURRICANES AND STORMS

      God, our Father,
      Eternal and Omnipotent,
      Creator and Lord of the Universe,
      you have set the earth on its foundation
      and all elements of nature obey your command. You give food to all flesh,
      cover the heavens with clouds,
      and provide rain to the earth

      We humbly beseech you
      Lord, Most High,
      to keep us safe from all dangers
      and to calm all the storms of life that threaten us:
      especially the attack of whirlwinds and tornadoes,
      the calamity and destruction of hurricanes,
      the din and damage of hail storms,
      the striking of thunderbolts and lightning,
      and the devastation of floods and tidal waves.

      May we be secure in your loving protection,
      seek your Will in all our experiences,
      and serve you always with grateful hearts.
      We ask this through our Lord, Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

      Amen.

      From: tomjtrunk@...
      To: franciscan1200@...; thomas.trunk@...
      Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:42:13 -0400

      Hi Kristen,  Have you heard of a woman in SFO, by the name of Pamela Nagle?   She contributed this prayer, protection from storms?

      Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:27:16 -0400
      From: ellenst10@...

[...]

      Using normal rosary beads, begin with:
      Our Father..., Hail Mary..., The Creed.

      On the five large beads:
      Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

    • Jesus, I Trust in You

      Divine Mercy Chaplet