97773Re: [sfconsim-l] Earth-Lunar L1 / Diego Garcia

  • markus baur
    May 1, 2014
      the military scope would be a great way to detect the ship ..

      and 30 minutes later MP's drag some screaming and kicking astronomers
      out of the Keck's control room .. 8-)

      seriously - i thing that EVERY large scope on the earth will be pointing
      at L1 shortly, ensuring 24 hour coverage .. including cerro paranal for
      example - the angular resolution of the VLT is comparable to that of the
      Keck (however if they run it in interferometry mode they should be able
      to go down to 0,002 arc sec - however i do not know if their software is
      set up to recreate pictures form the data they gain that way) ..

      servus

      markus

      --
      markus baur SCA: markus von brixlegg
      schluesselgasse 3/5 tel: +43 - (0)1 - 50 40 662