97771Re: [sfconsim-l] Atomic Rocket novels

  • eric henry
    Apr 30, 2014
      Feh. Somebody just really wanted to write a transhumanist novel

      On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Scott M <steppahouse@...> wrote:

      Seems like we covered that a couple weeks ago; the pilot using his skills to download into drones.  I think the thing there was that it's NOT destructive, but you made multiple copies and at least one of them had to make it back.  I'm assuming, in this case, that what's "downloaded" is some functional aspect of the mind/consciousness.

      Sure, a single highly-skilled pilot can upload into multiple drones (having an upper limit would be a good mechanic to up the drama) and fight, but at least one of those copies has to make it back.

      Plus...after years of such downloading/uploading, "errors" start creeping in, limiting the useful lifetime of these pilots.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic