- Hi all, Mark your calendars if you haven t already. The Sunday Streets car-free routes and dates have been announced. See http://sundaystreetssf.com/ forMessage 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010View SourceHi all,Mark your calendars if you haven't already. The Sunday Streets car-free routes and dates have been announced. See http://sundaystreetssf.com/ for more details.
As promised, the 2010 Sunday Streets season will feature nine dates, longer hours (10:00-3:00) and extend into new communities, in addition to the return of the popular routes in the Fisherman’s Wharf/Embarcadero, Bayview, Mission and Outer Sunset/Great Highway neighborhoods.
Proposed dates and locations include:
Hope to see you out there!
- March 14: Embarcadero, starting at Fisherman’s Wharf and PIER 39, south to China Basin and Terry Francois Blvd.
- April 11: Along the Great Highway, coinciding with World Health Day’s “1,000 Cities, 1,000 Lives” international event, as one of thousands of cities hosting simultaneous car-free events worldwide.
- April 18: Bayview, along 3rd Street from King and 4th (Caltrain Station) to Bayview Playground.
- May 23: Bayview, in conjunction with the 3rd Street Corridor Project and Bayview Merchant’s Association’s “3rd Street Festival.”
- June 20: Mission, along Valencia and 24th Streets.
- July 11: Mission.
- August 22: Great Highway/Golden Gate Park.
- September 19: NEW: Western Addition, exact location TBD.
- October 24: NEW Civic Center/Tenderloin, exact location TBD.