Bike Lanes on Polk Street

  • morpholog
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2013
      The MTA is currently implementing a multi-year plan to do traffic calming on dangerous streets, add bike lanes to complete the bike network and in general make The City a safer and more inviting place for bicyclists and pedestrians alike.

      In typical San Francisco fashion, a group calling itself "Save Polk Street" has shown up at community meetings at the last minute, demanding that no parking spaces be removed on Polk. At the the last community meeting they behaved badly, shouting down and intimidating anyone who disagreed with their point of view. They were no where to be seen during the first three meetings.

      I know we are all super busy, trying to raise a family here, but there is a meeting this Saturday at 10 AM at the First Congregational Church on Polk Street. I will be there, as will a few other members of the group and you are all welcome to participate. It is important that we have a strong showing.

      https://www.facebook.com/events/542933535758010/

      If you can't make it, please sign the petition and let your friend know:

      http://www.folksforpolk.org/

      This is actually a big deal, because if the Polk Street Merchants can roll us back here, the whole citywide bike plan becomes at risk.

      Thanks,
      Jim Ausman