- ... Hi all - sorry for the blanket email - I can t remember who was interested in this class so I m sending to the group! If you are interested in one or allMessage 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2012View SourceHi all - sorry for the blanket email - I can't remember who was interested in this class so I'm sending to the group! If you are interested in one or all please contact Shumit.
Also - if you are interested in doing one of these on a weekend please let him know and if several folks are interested he will make it happen!
And do forward on to anyone you think might be interested!
Lael---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shumit DasGupta <shu@...>
Subject: Toddler Tech Update
We've changed up a bit- it looks like while many us are interested in doing the class, not everyone could go everyday, twice a week, especially with holidays and summer vacations and schedules. So, to accommodate everyone, we're happy to take drop-ins. Here's the current plan:
1. THE GREAT CRAYON SMEAR MOSAIC (WEST SIDE ART HOUSE) 6/19
2. THE PLANT PRESS PROJECT (MOUNTAIN LAKE PARK PAVILION) 6/22
3. PAPER MAKING W/RECYCLED NEWSPRINT AND PRESSED PLANTS (WEST SIDE ART HOUSE) 6/26
4. “SOL” BATIK T-SHIRTS W/TURMERIC AND BEET DYES (MOUNTAIN LAKE PARK) 6/29
5.BLOCK PRINTING AND INDIAN TEXTILE (WEST SIDE ART HOUSE) 7/3
6. BUBBLE SCIENCE, CHALK-ART FLASH MOB, AND ICE CREAM SOCIAL! 7/6
If you like, sign up for all six sessions at a discount- $70- or drop-in at $15 a session. Mountain Lake Park is just down 7th Ave from West Side Art House, and we will meet at the covered picnic table area for these sessions.
OK, thanks everyone, let me know what looks interesting to you, and look forward to seeing you there. I'm copying the class description again, if you know other parents who may be interested, please forward this to them!
TODDLER TECH: Early Art and Science
This art-and-science mash-up for our youngest experimenters is designed to be fun for both the kids and their caregivers. Join us as we make paper casts from recycled junk mail, add your mark to the Great Crayon-Smear Mosaic Tapestry, enjoy the fresh air on our Beachcomber, Flower Press, and Chalk-Art Flash Mob field days, make and dye your own tu-tu with traditional Indian plant pigments, and celebrate the finale with a Homemade ice-cream social!
Science for Everyone