- Sunday Streets is happening in Western Addition/NoPa this weekend and Chinatown/North Beach the following weekend. For route and full details visitMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2011View SourceSunday Streets is happening in Western Addition/NoPa this weekend and Chinatown/North Beach the following weekend.For route and full details visit http://www.sundaystreetssf.com/.Note that this weekend's Sunday Streets will be the usual setup.Next weekend in Chinatown will be a "Walking Street"-- ie no bikes, scooters, etc allowed due to the anticipated people congestion. Will be interesting to check that out and see how it feels.Below is a message from SFBC in case you have time/interest in doing some volunteer work of various kinds.See you out there! -Lainie
Experience Sunday Streets Both This Weekend and Next
Sunday Streets makes two stops in September! First, this coming Sunday, September 11th, from 11am-4pm in the Western Addition and North of the Panhandle neighborhoods. Then, Sunday Streets presents a "Walking Street" through Chinatown and North Beach on September 18th, 11am-4pm.
Enjoy San Francisco's diverse neighborhoods while enjoying healthy activities at Sunday Streets. The SF Bicycle Coalition is proud to partner with Livable City and the SF Municipal Transportation Authority for Sunday Streets by recruiting and training 100+ volunteers for every event.
Four ways you can help make Sunday Streets a success:
- Street Teams: Have a few daytime hours September 7th-10th or September 14th-17th? Help hang hundreds of No Parking signs along the route to keep it clear for event day. Sign up by emailing sundaystreets@....
- Volunteer at Sunday Streets: Volunteers get a free lunch and t-shirt, as well as the pride of knowing that you helped make Sunday Streets possible for thousands of San Franciscans. Sign up now at sundaystreetssf.com/volunteer.
- Help the next generation learn to bike: Teach kids to pedal at the Freedom From Training Wheels Workshop at Sunday Streets. We will train you. Email Grace to volunteer.
- Talk about our work to people at Sunday Streets: Join the SF Bicycle Coalition under the orange tent at Sunday Streets and talk to people about our work! If you are a trained Bicycle Ambassador, email Tessa