Wise Action for Men of Color, 7/7, 6:30pm @ EBMC

  • EBMC Outreach Coordinator
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2009
    Intention and Impact: Wise Action in our World
    July 7th, 6:30pm to 9pm
    With Larry Yang and Brian Hill

    Continuing our exploration for Men of Color, we invite our practices of spiritual awareness into how we act and behave in the world. The opportunity of the Buddha’s Teachings is as we move to create less suffering and more freedom in our external world, that we make sure that we remember to create less suffering and more freedom in our internal world. Our collective practice is to bring these efforts together into a progressively expansive awareness of how to move in the world with wisdom and kindness.

    Meditators of any experience are welcome, with a special invitation to beginners.

    To register: Space is limited. If you would like to attend, please register online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=d5vQqeTfmz0VKjQW_2bRCDaw_3d_3d

    Larry Yang teaches meditation retreats nationally, including Spirit Rock, IMS, Seattle, and Washington DC. He has a special interest in creating access to the Dharma for diverse multicultural communities. Larry has practiced extensively in Myanmar and Thailand, with a 6 month ordination as a Buddhist monk under the guidance of meditation master Ajahn Tong. He is one of the core teachers and leaders of EBMC. Larry is one of the coordinating teachers of the next Spirit Rock Community Dharma Leader Training Program beginning in 2010 and he is the teacher of EBMC’s Commit2Dharma Program. His webpage is at: www.larryyang.org

    Brian Hill has been practicing Vipassana meditation since he first studied it in 1987 at a monastery near Chiang Mai in northern Thailand. He has participated in retreats, both as a practitioner and as a teaching assistant to meditation teachers in the U.S. since then.

    The teachings are regarded as priceless and are offered without charge. You are invited to support the teachings and our efforts by contributing voluntary donations (the practice of “Dana”) for the expenses of the space and the support of the Teachings.  *  Out of respect for people with environmental illnesses, please do not wear fragranced products or clothing laundered with fragranced products to EBMC.  *  EBMC is wheelchair accessible.

    East Bay Meditation Center, 2147 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612, www.eastbaymeditation.org