Ho'oponopono in Marin-Saturday Seminar & Sunday Forgiveness Day Celebration!!

  • Hannah Seelig
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2007
      Your invitation from Will Chang, IFD producer to two very special
      events!!
      Dear friends,
      I am excited to share this great news with you! Dr. Ihaleakala Hew
      Len, world teacher of Ho'oponopono is coming to Marin to receive the
      Champion of Forgiveness Award at the 11th International Forgiveness
      Day celebration, on Sunday, August 5th. Dr. Hew Len will lead a
      special Ho'oponopono ceremony to clear away any unresolved
      grievances, hurts, obstacles and problems that we have not yet
      forgiven and reconciled.

      11th International Forgiveness Day
      Sunday, August 5th
      7 -9:30 p.m.
      Heroes Reception - 6 p.m.
      Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto
      $20 suggested donation

      Dr. Hew Len will also present an Introduction to Ho'oponopono seminar
      on Saturday, August 4th at the Community Congregation Church in
      Tiburon. This four hour lecture and discussion will provide
      participants with an overview and an immediate sense of the healing
      power of ho'oponopono.

      Introduction to Ho'oponopono Seminar
      Saturday, August 4th
      1 - 5 p.m.
      Community Congregation Church, 145 Rock Hill Avenue in Tiburon

      To register for this seminar, please go to
      http://www.forgivenessalliance.org
      Admission: $55 and is tax-deductible

      My moment to moment work day in and day out is petitioning Divinity
      nonstop to free up data in my Subconscious that I experience as
      problems, restoring my Soul back to its original state of Clarity,
      Peace and Freedom beyond all comprehension. Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len

      I first heard of Dr. Hew Len in the following article on Ho'oponopono
      written by Joe Vitale in an email sent to me last year.

      Two years ago, I heard about a therapist in Hawaii who cured a
      complete ward of criminally insane patients without ever seeing any
      of them. The psychologist would study an inmate's chart and then look
      within himself to see how he created that person's illness. As he
      improved himself, the patient improved.

      When I first heard the story, I thought it was an urban legend. How
      could anyone heal anyone else by healing himself? How could even the
      best self-improvement master cure the criminally insane? It didn't
      make any sense. It wasn't logical, so I dismissed the story.

      However, I heard it again a year later. I heard that the therapist
      had used a Hawaiian healing process called Ho-oponopono. I had never
      heard of it, yet I couldn't let it leave my mind. If the story was at
      all true, I had to know more. I had always understood "total
      responsibility" to mean that I am responsible for what I think and
      do. Beyond that, it's out of my hands. I think that most people think
      of total responsibility that way. We're responsible for what we do,
      not what anyone else does, but that's wrong.

      The Hawaiian therapist who healed those mentally ill people would
      teach me an advanced new perspective about total responsibility. His
      name is Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len

      Excerpted from Joe Vitale on Ho'oponopono.
      (the full story is available on www.forgivenessalliance.org

      To bring more Aloha spirit to the evening's festivities, Hula Kumu
      Shawna Alapa'i of Marin's Halau Hula Na Pua O Ka La'akea will perform
      and Belinda Farrell, Ho'oponopono teacher in Marin will introduce and
      present the Champion of Forgiveness award to Dr. Hew Len.

      Lori Grace Star will lead a Forgiveness Ritual.

      The East Bay Church of Religious Science Gospel Choir will open with
      their rousing spirituals and Music Medicine and Susan Z will provide
      musical interludes.

      We will honor three Heroes of Forgiveness:

      Kim Crespi, Chris Loukas and Steve Backman (please visit our website
      for their stories)

      So I invite you to join us for this powerful evening that will change
      your life and hopefully change the world.

      Peace, Love and Joy,
      Will Chang
      Producer, 11th International Forgiveness Day

      Please share this news with your friends and family. This is a great
      and rare opportunity to experience the teachings of Dr. Hew Len and
      to awaken the Aloha within you and yours.

      For more information about Ho'oponopono and Dr. Hew Len, please visit
      www.hooponopono.org and peruse the Articles section.
      For more information regarding International Forgiveness Day
      celebration, please visit: www.forgivenessalliance.org.

      To register for the Introduction to Ho'oponopono seminar, please go
      to our website: www.forgivenessalliance.org. The seminar fee is $55.

      Ho o means cause in Hawaiian and ponopono means perfection.

      We have the ability to keep returning to this perfect state...the
      blank page, just by asking for whatever lies within us, that has
      caused this barnacle, this division in thought to come to the surface
      to be released. We asked for forgiveness that we have harbored this
      thought which has separated us from our Oneness with Spirit...and the
      thought barnacle disappears. Dr. Hew Len mentioned, that sometimes he
      needs to ask up to three times, for the reason behind the thought to
      come up for release. And, when it is released, the space is
      immediately filled again with that loving Oneness.

      Ho'oponopono is really very simple. For the ancient Hawaiians, all
      problems begin as thought. But having a thought is not the problem.
      So what's the problem? The problem is that all our thoughts are
      imbued with painful memories, memories of persons, places, or things.

      The intellect working alone can't solve these problems, because the
      intellect only manages. Managing things is no way to solve
      problems. You want to let them go! When you do Ho'oponopono, what
      happens is that the Divinity takes the painful thought and
      neutralizes or purifies it. You don't purify the person, place, or
      thing. You neutralize the energy you associate with that person,
      place or thing. So the first stage of Ho'oponopono is the
      purification of that energy.

      Now something wonderful happens. Not only does that energy get
      neutralized; it also gets released, so there's a brand new slate.
      Buddhists call it the Void. The final step is that you allow the
      Divinity to come in and fill the void with light.

      To do Ho'oponopono, you don't have to know what the problem or error
      is. All you have to do is notice any problem you are experiencing
      physically, mentally, emotionally, whatever. Once you notice, your
      responsibility is to immediately begin to clean, to say, "I'm sorry.
      Please forgive me."

      About the Self I-Dentity Through Ho'opononpono training that Dr. Hew
      Len teaches

      The Self I-Dentity Through Ho'oponopono training teaches people who
      they are and how they can solve problems moment to moment, and in the
      process be renewed and restored in LOVE. The training begins with a
      lecture (Introduction to Ho oponopono - Saturday, August 4th).
      Attendees are given an overview of how problems in their lives and in
      the lives of their families, relatives, ancestors, friends, neighbors
      and associates.

      In the weekend training (Aug. 11&12 in Santa Clara) students are
      taught what a problem is, where the problems are located, how to
      solve different kinds of problems using over twenty-five problem
      solving processes and how to really take good care of themselves.
      The underlying emphasis in the training is on being 100% responsible
      for themselves and for what happens in their lives and for solving
      problems effortlessly.

      The wonder of the updated Ho'oponopono process is that you get to
      meet yourself anew each moment, and you get to appreciate more and
      more with each application of the process the renewing miracle of
      LOVE.

      I operate my life and my relationships according to the following
      insights:

      1. The physical universe is an actualization of my thoughts.
      2. If my thoughts are cancerous, they create a cancerous physical
      reality.
      3. If my thoughts are perfect, they create a physical reality
      brimming with LOVE.
      4. I am 100% responsible for creating my physical universe the way
      it is.
      5. I am 100% responsible for correcting the cancerous thoughts that
      create a diseased reality.
      6. There is no such thing as out there. Everything exists as
      thoughts in my mind.

      Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len has been practicing the updated Ho'oponopono
      since November of 1982. He was taught the process by Kahuna Lapa'au
      Morrnah Nalamaku Simeona, who was designated a Living Treasure of
      Hawaii in 1983. He was staff psychologist in the forensic unit for
      the criminally mentally ill at Hawaii State Hospital for several
      years. He has taught the updated Ho'oponopono around the world and
      at the United Nations several times. Dr. Hew Len has a doctorate
      from the University of Iowa. Information on upcoming lectures and
      classes can be found on the Foundation's web site: www.hooponopono.org