Near-Death Experience talk Wed. Oct 13 at 7 pm in Berkeley

  • Ko Ko
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      Dear SF-Bay Aware Friends,

      You are invited to attend a talk on near-death experiences, on Wednesday,
      October 13th from 7:00 - 9:00 PM at Unity of Berkeley, 2075 Eunice St. in
      North Berkeley.

      This is a monthly event which I have immensely enjoyed attending for the
      past 19 months. And I've already had the pleasure of meeting some of you
      there :) If you attend this meeting, you will no doubt meet me: if not at
      the door when you first arrive, at the beginning of the meeting (everyone
      wears name tags, and we begin each meeting with introductions and informal
      sharing).

      The talk is part of a once-per-month meeting series for the East Bay chapter
      of IANDS, the International Association of Near-Death Studies, which is a
      non-profit organization formed to support Near Death Experiencers and to
      promote knowledge and research of near-death experiences. In order to attend
      the meetings you need only have an interest in the subject, and need not
      consider yourself to be an "experiencer."

      Our guest speaker this month will be Kienda Valbracht from Berkeley,
      California. Kienda has had a personal near-death experience, which she will
      share with us. She has worked in early childhood Waldorf education for most
      of her professional life, and has obtained a Master's Degree in Thanatology,
      writing a thesis entitled, "Lucid Death: Journeys beyond the Threshold"
      which includes original research through hypnotic regression beyond death.

      She has had a hypnotherapy practice in Washington, California, Germany and
      India. She specializes in past lives and the journey of the soul through
      death and in archetypal realms, integrating all aspects for balance, harmony
      and wholeness. She is a Reiki Master and a Certified Clinical
      Hypnotherapist.

      No need to RSVP. Our new meeting location is spacious and all are welcome!
      Please arrive on time, as the meeting begins promptly at 7:00 pm.
      We look forward to seeing you there!

      In order to meet our rent and expenses for the new location, we are asking
      for donations ($5.00 per person suggested).

      DIRECTIONS TO UNITY OF BERKELEY
      From the I-80 Freeway (from either direction):
      Take the UNIVERSITY AVENUE exit east toward the University of California
      1.9 miles
      Turn left on SHATTUCK AVENUE  0.8 miles
      Stay straight to go onto SHATTUCK PLACE  0.1 miles
      SHATTUCK PLACE becomes HENRY STREET  0.2 miles
      Turn right onto EUNICE STREET.
      Unity of Berkeley is in the first block on the left side of the street.
      There is parking behind the building as well as on the street.

      Public Transportation:
      From the downtwon Berkeley Bart Station, take the bus "43 El Cerrito BART"
      which will take you to the corner of Eunice and Henry.

      Hope you can join us!
      Koko