Game Night and Potluck in Hayward Saturday, July 5

  • shareenp@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      If you're not off and about this holiday weekend and want to socialize in the east bay, this might be your thing.

      I have a nice house with a great backyard that's great for socializing. I figure we could do an afternoon/evening kind of thing. Some people might want to come the whole time, and some just earlier or later. It's all good. We can eat, play games, socialize, go for walks, or whatever. (There's a great open space a half block away where you can walk up the hill and see the whole bay from San Mateo to San Francisco, Mt. Diablo, and all of Castro Valley in the same spot.) Kids are more than welcome. If we can get a whole herd of them, that would be great.

      I figure we start about 4 pm and go until whenever. Everyone brings something useful to eat (I'll stress people try to bring some actual food), and bring a game if you can. I have Taboo, Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary, Movie Mania, and Dirty Minds. Between the house and yard I have enough room for a lot of people.

      Don't worry if you don't know anyone--I may not either. Everyone's friendly. It's very casual and there should be plenty of parking. I'm about 2 minutes off the 580/238 interchange, so it's really easy to get to.

      Email me if you to join the festivities, and I'll email details on Thursday or Friday (directions, phone, ideas on what to bring, etc.)

      Shareen