Re: [sfbay-aware] Contra Dancing 4/5 and 4/11

  • Fizz@pobox.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
      Hi Awarians,

      I also will (95% likely) be going to the 4/11 Berkeley contra, and
      possibly the 4/5 SF one (I might go to 4/5 Monterey contra instead).
      I also have two coupons. I have danced to both of these bands, and
      can confirm that they are each really good.

      I'd like to add: dress in layers, warm over cool, as this is fairly
      active. "Sensible shoes" a good idea. And I like to bring a
      reclosable water bottle, although the Berkeley 2nd Friday dance
      does have mineral water etc for sale at the break.

      Contra is good exercise, with an interesting mix of family-like
      community and benign flirting. Some of us experience sort of a
      "runner's high", which can be quite "addictive" (in a good way).
      I hope some of you are curious to try it!

      Cheers,
      Phil (in Cupertino)

      David C. Ergo