What I Want.

  • krisduer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      1. What did you imagine this group was all about? What were you
      hoping to get from (or give to) the group?

      To expand my sense of connection with other like-minded individuals and have
      a good time!! I am a self-help guru and have dabbled in expanding my
      spiritual senses. I am fed by connection with others and have been looking
      for the right community.

      2. What, if anything, might be stopping you from getting that?

      While interested in other people's postings, I'm spanking new and don't feel
      connected yet by this form of communication. I would like to meet with
      others in person to discuss these very issues. I LOVE this idea, but really
      would be more inspired by direct contact.

      3. How can the members of the group help?

      Is there any possibility of having a weekly meeting in SF or Berkeley? In
      past groups (an outdoors group I was in) people had the option of getting
      together in a weekly gathering to meet others in the group, talk in person,
      discuss ideas for trips, and generally just organize. That appeals to me
      more than trying to read all of these emails!! A weekly meeting could be
      followed by dinner out to differentiate in-our-heads group planning, from
      flat out social time. Anyone have an idea for a free public meeting place
      to start out? I don't think it would have to fit more than 30 people or so
      since it would be rare for everyone to show up the same night.

      4. Anything else we should know?

      Um, I'm really stoked about this group and looking forward to meeting some
      of you. (In case you hadn't already gotten that flavor from my other
      answers.)